Trekking Permits and Fees in Nepal
The information outlined here is for those who wish to trek without the guidance of a reputable trekking agency such as Ammonite Adventure. If you are trekking with us, then all trekking fees are covered in the quoted price.
National Parks Fee in Nepal:
National Park Fee will be required to trek in common areas such as:
- Sagarmatha Nationa Park (Everest region) – 33 USD per person. (Basically, this permit and fees is needed for Everest Base Camp Trekking)
- Annapurna Conservation area – 20 USD per person
(Basically, this permit and fees is needed for Annapurna Base Camp Trekking)
- Langtang – 20 USD per person
(Basically, this permit and fees is needed for Langtang Valley Trekking) . Find more about Langtang Trek Permits.
Trekking Permit in Nepal
- Special Trekking Permit is required to visit Nepal’s Restricted areas determined for trekking by the Government. If you plan to trek in two different areas, two trekking Permits are required.
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card is required for trekking in all major areas.
Kanchanjunga & Lower Dolpa Trekking Permit
US$ 10.00 per week per person
Upper Mustang & Upper Dolpa Trekking Permit
For 10 days: US$ 500.00
and after 10 days per day per person US$ 50.00
Gorkha District Trekking Permit
From September to November per week per person US$ 70.00 and Afer 7 days per day per person US$ 10.00
From December to August per week per person US$ 50.00 and after 7 days per day per person US$ 7.00
Manaslu Valley Trek Permits
From Sept. to Nov : US$ 70.00 per week and after 7 days per day per person US$ 10.00
From Dec. to Aug : US$ 50.00 per week and after 7 days per day per person US$ 7.00
Chhekampar & Chunchet VDC
(Sirdibas – Lokpa – Chumling – Chhekampar – Nile – Chhule Area) Permits
From September to November US$ 35.00 per person for the first 8 days
From December to August US$ 25.00 per person for the first 8 days
Dolakpa District (Gauri Shankar & Lamabagar) Trek Permits
Per week per person US$ 10.00
Humla District (Simikot-Yari):
Areas of Limi and Muchu VDC, area way to Tibet via Tangekhola of Darma VDC.
First 7 days : US$ 50.00
and After 7 days : US$ 7.00 per day per person
- To get group trekking permit an application form with other relevant documents should be submitted through registered trekking agency of Nepal.
- Trekking fee can be paid in Nepalese currency
- Trekking Fee of other restricted areas imposed by Nepal government:
- Rasuwa District (Thuman and Timure): per week per person US$ 10.00